Medical malpractice is an example of negligence that may cause a severe personal injury or death. Precisely, medical malpractice denotes a legal offense that happens if a medical professional does not perform his or her duties properly due to negligence. As it has been pointed out before, the result of medical negligence is injury or death. Medical professionals include doctors, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, opticians, pharmacists etc.
In Cyprus, medical malpractice is covered by the civil law (Cap.148). However, many times, a medical malpractice case in Cyprus considers a dispute over the ‘standard of care’. The term ‘standard of care’ denotes the level of skill, expertise and care practiced by medical professionals under some particular circumstances. In Cyprus, ‘standard of care’ is often determined through consultations from medical professionals who practice or teach medicine in the same specialty as the defendant. The expert’s testimony is essential since a lack of recovery or injury does not imply that the ‘standard of care’ has not been followed.
Michael Chambers lists some striking examples of medical malpractice.
- Wrong diagnosis
- Delayed diagnosis
- Surgical accidents
- Dental negligence
- Birth injury claims
- Improper treatment
- Failure to provide an adequate diagnosis
- Substandard and unnecessary surgery
- Claims related to misperformance of pharmacists, opticians, physiotherapists, chiropractors and other medical professionals.
In the case of a severe injury or death, the litigation team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will help you to file a lawsuit for medical malpractice so that you and your family receive an adequate financial compensation that corresponds to the economic and psychological damage you suffer.
Some important legal aspects of medical malpractice in Cyprus:
First of all, the litigation team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will study the case thoroughly so that to decide if there are enough evidence. In other words, our litigation team will examine if the client has a case to prove. Second of all, the litigation team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will analyse all the facts provided by the client. In this point, it should be underlined that the plaintiff must provide any proof related to medical malpractice and the reason he or she considers there was a medical negligence. Furthermore, the plaintiff must prove the results of medical negligence, for example, an injury or death. In other words, the client should provide Michael Chambers and his team with all the relevant details. Afterwards, the legal team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will proceed with the necessary procedures.
The litigation team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will take into account many aspects including whether patient’s behaviour led to the bad medical result, i.e. if the patient followed Doctors recommendations. Then Michael Chambers and his team will begin investigating the case. Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will minimize the paperwork that are necessary for resolving a medical malpractice claim.
The legal team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will consider the view of medical experts and other relevant investigators during the whole process. Michael Chambers and his team may provide you with cost-effective solutions so that to resolve the dispute without going through a costly trial since among our objectives is to offer an optimal service.
The legal team of Michael Chambers & Co. LLC recommends you to follow the steps below:
The legal framework related to a personal injury caused by medical malpractice is perplexed. As a result, a professional legal assistance is required and essential. Michael Chambers and his team will provide you the legal and administrative support you need so that to receive the compensation you deserve.
Apart from asking for a professional legal support Michael Chambers and his team suggest to have in mind the following steps:
- Ask your doctor to explain to you in details what has occurred. Based on the Law 1(I)/2005 the patient has the right to receive a written report that will include details about the diagnosis, the medical treatment and his or her health state. Moreover, the report must include the relevant risks and benefits of any medical care or surgery before it is carried out.
- If you are still in the hospital, proceed to a formal written complaint. This particular process could be a useful tool to receive essential information about your treatment. Michael Chambers and his team advise you to ask for a written response by the hospital manager whether that is possible.
- Ask for your medical files. The provisions of the Patients Law (1(I)/2005) imply that patients are entitled to receive copies of their medical records from their doctors and/or hospitals. Medical files contain essential information that may support your case in the court.
- Provide adequate proofs, such as photographs or videos that demonstrate the visible results of medical malpractice. The latter will contribute to highlight the severity of medical malpractice.
- Write down important details. You might have the impression that this experience is unforgettable. Nevertheless, this does not guarantee that you will remember important details that may support your case in the court. Michael Chambers and his team advise you to note names and dates regarding the injuries on a daily basis, in order to recall relevant facts in the future.
Contact us and file a medical malpractice case:
Michael Chambers& Co. LLC may provide you with all the necessary support you might need. The litigation team of Michael Chambers& Co. LLC will do the necessary investigations so that to achieve the compensation you deserve. If you wish to speak to one of our lawyers, then please contact us: email@example.com